Wednesday 4 June 2014

Andrew Whitson making i Books

Andrew Whitson discovering the reality of making and publishing iBooks

One fine morning I woke up and decided I will re-format all of my back catalogue of children's book titles for the Apple i Book Store!! Thinking about this venture is very nice to do, especially over a lovely cup of tea and a digestive biscuit. Oh the thoughts of how many books I could be selling on the Apple Store while I am in bed asleep. No posting books to distributors, no major production costs, no storing books in warehouses, no recording of sales and returns....it's just too good to ignore, especially since I will be getting immediate worldwide exposure to my amazing work which will be embraced by all who happen upon it and who will in turn rush to tap on the purchase this item button!

 However, beginning this amazing aspirational journey of generating new and possibly limitless  income streams is obviously a very different beast in reality. Over the next few weeks I will be posting my findings as I go through the processes required to convert a title from a hard copy book to a fully functional and successfully published book on the Apple iBook Store.The first title I am going to use as an example is a recent publication called Cogito.



No comments:

Post a Comment