Monday 29 July 2013

Andrew Whitson's lovely nice clean art studio.

Perhaps the next time I do this there will be a before and after scenario...

I don't know about anyone else, but when I get started on a new project my studio becomes a living chameleon changing on a daily basis as I leave stuff lying everywhere as I am usually in the throws of thinking only of the work I am doing. Fully absorbed is probably the best way to describe this but eventually after the project in question is completed I look around and despair at the chaos I have created around me.
There is however a cathartic feeling when I am able to drag myself up to the studio once more and clean it all out in preparation for the next project. I am always amazed at other artist's studios ......Francis Bacon even made his chaos into a visitor attraction, or is that art?

All I know it makes me feel good to start a new project with everything in its place, to hand, poised and ready for the assault! 



No comments:

Post a Comment